Gallery 263 seeks contemporary work On the Body. Consider the figure draped, decorated, sculpted…from couture to tattoos to anatomy. Capture form in motion, among natural or constructed surroundings, or in relation to others. The body is our ultimate tool for experience, connection and expression – show us your reflections On the Body.
Hello Fiber Faculty and Staff,
Here is the schedule for the Tool Crib and the MICA Campus scheduled emailed a couple days ago.
THANKSGIVING BREAK CALENDAR
FIBER DEPARTMENT TOOL CRIB
TUESDAY 11/24 12 NOON TIL 4
NO TOOL CRIB WEDNESDAY TO SATURDAY 11/25-11/28
TOOL CRIB OPENS UP SUNDAY 11/29, 3PM–11PM
MICA BUILDINGS AND CAMPUS
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, the campus is open but no classes will be held. All campus buildings will close Wednesdayat 7 p.m.
- All campus buildings except residence halls are closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27, as these are campus holidays. On Saturday, Nov. 28, most buildings will remain closed with the following exceptions: graduate students will have limited access (ID required) to the Fred Lazarus IV Center and other graduate studios and collaborative workspaces on Saturdayfrom 11 a.m. to midnight. Beginning Sunday, Nov. 29, normal graduate student access resumes.
- All campus services will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26–Sunday, Nov. 29.
- Campus buildings will reopen Sundayon a normal Sundayschedule.
- The Meyerhoff Dining Room will close after dinner on Tuesday, Nov. 24and reopen for dinner on Sunday, Nov. 29. Glace Grill will close at midnightafter service on Monday, Nov. 23 and reopen at 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 29. Cafe Doris will have shortened hours, open from 8 a.m.–2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25 and close through the break until regular hours resume on Monday, Nov. 30. Java Corner will be closed through the break from Wednesday through Sunday. Nancy will close from Wednesday through Sunday.
- The MICA Store will be open from 9 a.m.–5 p.m.on Wednesday, Nov. 25. It will be closed through the break and reopen with regular hours on Monday, Nov. 30.
- All shuttle services will operate on Wednesdayevening, November 25and Saturday evening, November 28, ending at midnight. There will be no shuttle services on Thursday and Friday. All shuttle services return to normal operation on Sunday.
Be sure to check out this amazing collection!
Click here to read the Festival of Fabrics Press Release—>FoFPressRelease-2
Interested obtaining access to the digital textile printer? Curious about what it has to offer? Sign up for an info session!
Sunday, February 1 12:15 – 1:30
Wednesday, February 18 2:00 – 3:00
Monday, March 2 11:45 – 1:00
Friday, March 27 12:45 – 2:00
Tuesday, April 7 2:00 – 3:00
Wednesday, April 15 2:00 – 3:00
INFO SESSIONS LOCATED ON THE SECOND FLOOR OF THE ART TECH CENTER. PLEASE DO NOT PRE-ORDER FABRIC OR COME TO PRINT IF YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN THE CLASS OR ATTENDED AN INFO SESSION!
EMAIL JPULLENSCHMIDT@MICA.EDU OR KBIERMAN@MICA.EDU TO SIGN UP! Attending an info session is REQUIRED prior to using the printer!
Welcome back everyone! Happy New Year and hope you all had a wonderful break!
Here are few updates about things that have taken place in the Fiber department studios while you were gone.
Dye Kitchen Electricity Updates
The steamers in the dye kitchen are now hardwired to two switches on the side of the wax vent. We are no longer able to unplug them. Please turn the switches to on or off to turn the power on. After the power is turned on, the red dial at the base of the steamer can be turned to 250 degrees. Please remember that the steamers are attached to the switches and use caution if pulling them forward for easier access.
The washing machines and dryers are now fully functional in the dye kitchen. If the dryers do not start make sure the top of the door is pushed in. Using the “timed dry” setting is best if students or faculty need to dry items that are heavy and thick, such as drop cloths. The other settings have a dryness sensor built in and will stop mid cycle if the dryer senses that the outside of the fabric is dry.
S206 Electricity Updates
We now have six additional drop down extension cord reels in S206! The fuse boxes have been rewired to better accommodate our facilities needs. Please be aware of the proximity of the cords to the ceiling fans. A very big thank you to Herb, Luis, Richard and everyone from Facilities for all their work on the Fiber Dept electricity needs.